Our aim is to provide a financial advice service that works for you. So if you have a way in which you would like to approach your financial planning then please let us know.
We appreciate that everyone is different. Our financial advice is about making the service right for you.
Typically, how we support our clients:
- Initially: We begin with an informal meeting at your home or other location convenient to you. There is no commitment to proceed at this stage. The meeting focuses on getting to understand you, what you are looking to achieve and what is important to you. At the end of this meeting we will discuss potential next steps. A summary of the meeting will be sent afterwards.
- Follow Up: We do not want clients to feel rushed into a decision. The next meeting provides the opportunity to present further detail regarding the advice and answer any questions you might have. You can choose to proceed at this stage or take the time to stop and reflect. It is not uncommon for us to meet with clients on several occasions before they are ready to proceed.
- Ongoing: We pride ourselves on ongoing, personalised service. As part of working together we look to meet annually and review your financial position, fund performance and anything else you would like to cover. We are also available should personal, or wider economic, circumstances require it.
We are especially able to assist clients with:
- Pensions: Retirement planning, pension management, client business profit extraction, annual allowances, lifetime allowances, and legacy pension consolidation.
- Investments: ISA allowances
- Protection: Life, critical illness, income protection, relevant life and key man insurance.
- Estate Planning: Gifting, trusts and understanding and making use of reliefs and allowances.
- Mortgages: Residential, re-mortgaging, buy to let, holiday let and commercial.
- Other: Facilitation of referral to external accountants, tax advisers, solicitors and private banks.
The value of an investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds selected and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than the amount invested.
The levels and bases of taxation, and reliefs from taxation, can change at any time. The value of any tax relief depends on individual circumstances.
Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.